Terms of Service
Last Modified: July 12, 2021
Acceptance of these Terms
Changes to the Terms
Community Life Church sites are offered by Community Life Church (“Community Life Church”, “c|Life”, “we” or “us”). We may revise and update these Terms from time to time at our sole discretion. Any changes are effective when we post them. Your continued use of a c|Life site following the posting of revised Terms means that you accept and agree to the changes.
Changes to Community Life Church Sites
While we hope to always offer c|Life sites and all of their features, we reserve the right to change or cease offering any c|Life site or any part, portion or functionality of c|Life sites without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of Community Life Church sites are unavailable at any time.
Information About You and Your Access of Community Life Church Sites
Permitted and Unpermitted Use
You may use Community Life Church sites in accordance with these Terms for either your personal and non-commercial use or for the internal use of your non-profit religious organization. All rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by Community Life Church. You agree you are not permitted and will not use c|Life sites as follows:
- in any way that violates any federal, state, local or international law or regulation;
- for the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise;
- to impersonate or attempt to impersonate any company or person, including Community Life Church or;
- to engage in any other conduct which, as determined by us, may harm Community Life Church or others;
- in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair c|Life sites or interfere with any other person’s use of the same;
- use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access c|Life sites for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on c|Life sites;
- to introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful;
- to attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of c|Life sites or any server, computer or database connected to c|Life sites;
- to attack c|Life sites via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack; and
- otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of c|Life sites.
You also agree that you will not send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which:
- contains any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable;
- promotes sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination on any basis, including that based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person;
- violates the legal rights (including the rights of publicity and privacy) of others or contain any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under laws or regulations; or
- promotes any illegal activity, or advocates, promotes or assists any unlawful act;
- involves commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising; and/or
- gives the impression that the material emanates from or is endorsed by Community Life Church or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
We allow users to create an account on certain sites which require providing certain information to Community Life Church. If you choose or are provided with a user name, password or similar information as part of our security procedures, you agree to treat such information as confidential, and agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. We have the right to disable any user name, password or other identifier, whether chosen by you or provided by us, at any time if, in our opinion, you have violated any provision of these Terms.
SMS and Short Code Service
- SMS notifications from Community Life Church are available on an opt-in-only basis. Users may opt in via paper form, online via c|Life sites, or via text using the short code (ENTER CODE HERE) and various keywords that we promote.
- When you opt-in to the service, we will send you an SMS message to confirm your signup.
- This service is used to send notifications about Community Life Church events and programs as requested by you. Message frequency varies.
- You can cancel this service at any time. Just text “STOP” to (ENTER CODE HERE). After you send the message “STOP” to us, we will send you a reply message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive messages from us. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending messages to you again.
- If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just text “HELP” to (ENTER CODE HERE). After you send the message “HELP” to us, we will respond with instructions on how to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe.
- As always, Message and Data Rates May Apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider.
- For all questions about the services provided by this short code, you can send an email to email@example.com.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Legal Compliance; Termination
You agree that we have the right to:
- take any action with respect to any user or account that we deem necessary or appropriate in our sole discretion if we believe there to be a violation of these Terms, infringement of third party rights, a threat to the personal safety of others, or a threat or liability or harm to the goodwill associated with Community Life Church;
- take appropriate action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement and disclosure of your information, for any illegal or unauthorized use of c|Life sites; and/or
- terminate or suspend your access to all or part of c|Life sites for any or no reason, including without limitation, any violation of these Terms.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through Community Life Church. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS COMMUNITY LIFE CHURCH AND ITS LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS AND ALL OF THEIR EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF LEGAL INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER COMMUNITY LIFE CHURCH OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
Intellectual Property Rights
Community Life Church sites and their contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement of the same), are owned by Community Life Church, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
If you believe that any content provided on any c|Life site violates your copyright or other rights, please contact us by electronic mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that it is the policy of Community Life Church to terminate the user accounts of repeat infringers.
Third Party Links and Services
Community Life Church may include content provided by third parties. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to Community Life Church, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by Community Life Church, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Community Life Church. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Community Life Church is based in the state of Texas in the United States. We make no claims that c|Life sites or any of its content are accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to c|Life sites may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access c|Life sites from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF ANY COMMUNITY LIFE CHURCH SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY FUNCTIONALITY, SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH COMMUNITY LIFE CHURCH SITES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK, ALL OF WHICH ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER COMMUNITY LIFE CHURCH NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH COMMUNITY LIFE CHURCH MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF COMMUNITY LIFE CHURCH SITES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER COMMUNITY LIFE CHURCH NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH LIFE CHURCH REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT C|LIFE SITES OR ANY FUNCTIONALITY, CONTENT, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH C|LIFE SITES WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT C|LIFE SITES OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THEM AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE C|LIFE SITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE C|LIFE SITES WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
COMMUNITY LIFE CHURCH HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL COMMUNITY LIFE CHURCH, ITS LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, OR ANY OF THEIR EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, ANY COMMUNITY LIFE CHURCH SITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT OFFERED ON OR THROUGH THE C|LIFE SITES OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE C|LIFE SITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Community Life Church, its affiliates, licensors and service providers, and its and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, suppliers, successors and assigns from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to your violation of these Terms or your use of Community Life Church sites, including, but not limited to, any use of Community Life Church content, services and products other than as expressly authorized in these Terms or your use of any information obtained from c|Life sites.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
All matters, disputes, or claims relating to Community Life Church and these Terms (including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule. By agreeing to these Terms and using c|Life sites, you waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
Waiver and Severability
Community Life Church may only waive its rights under these Terms in writing. If any provision of these Terms is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of these Terms will continue in full force and effect.
Your Comments and Concerns
Community Life Church sites are operated by Community Life Church. All feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to c|Life sites should be directed via electronic mail to email@example.com.