Empowered by Grace
In the c|Life Women's Ministry, we want to help one another on our individual journeys to becoming the women God created us to be. We believe that studying, understanding and applying the Word of God to your life will grow your faith, enrich your relationships and transform you, making you a better reflection of Christ.
Throughout the year, we offer women-only Bible studies, special events and other opportunities to get involved, so be sure to check this page from time to time to see what's coming up!
Read the Bible with Us
One of our priorities as a women’s ministry is to help equip you and encourage you to read God’s Word. As a church, we believe the Bible is the revelation of the Creator to his creation. In the Bible, God tells us who he is, who we are, what his plan is for his creation and how we are to relate to him. The Bible was inspired by God, making it free from error and completely trustworthy to teach us the truth. It is the ultimate source of authority in the life of all believers. (see 2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:12–21)
Our beliefs drive us to help you dig into scripture to connect with God and to encourage you to connect with others while doing so, which is why we are embarking on a new journey with The Bible Recap, a short daily podcast (~8 minutes) hosted by Tara-Leigh Cobble. Alongside this daily podcast, we’ll read the assigned reading from a chronological Bible reading plan that is found in The Bible App by YouVersion. We will start this reading plan together on April 13, the Monday after Easter, and will continue on for the following 364 days, or as long as it takes you. If you have already started a reading plan for the year or can’t get started with us on April 13, do not worry! We just encourage you to find at least one other person to join you on your journey for accountability and encouragement.
For more information about The Bible Recap, please visit thebiblerecap.com.
If you would like to get started on this reading plan, please visit thebiblerecap.com/start for step-by-step instructions. There are six prep episodes you can listen to on their website or on The Bible Recap Podcast. We recommend you listen to these episodes prior to starting the reading plan if possible. You can listen to these in one day, or space it out over six days, whatever works for you! Here is a suggested, easy-to-follow schedule to begin this Bible reading plan on April 13:
- Saturday, April 4: Subscribe to The Bible Recap podcast.
- Sunday, April 5: Download the Bible App from YouVerson and, under Plans, search for The Bible Recap.
- There are two options: one is just the New Testament (which takes three months), and the other takes 365 days. (That’s the one we’re doing.)
- Only find this reading plan. Do not hit the green button that says Start Plan.
- Monday, April 6: In The Bible Recap podcast, listen to the episode Prep 1. Let’s Read the Bible in a Year (Chronological Plan)! It aired December 18, 2019.
- Tuesday, April 7: Listen to the episode Prep 2. How I Learned to Love (Reading) the Bible.
- Wednesday, April 8: Listen to the episode Prep 3. Why Reading the Whole Bible is Important (interview with Lee McDerment).
- Thursday, April 9: Listen to the episode Prep 4. Preparing to Read the Bible.
- Set your schedule for when you will spend time reading God’s word and listening to the podcast, beginning April 13. Put it on your calendar if this would help. Make it a priority!
- Friday, April 10: Listen to the episode Prep 5. Avoiding Common Mistakes: What to Look for When You Read the Bible.
- Saturday, April 11: Listen to the episode Prep 6. Reading the Bible in Community.
- Connect with one or more women for accountability and encouragement! (Facebook Group, Zoom, GroupMe, or texting are some options.)
- For a Zoom tutorial, visit clifec.com/OnlineCG to find a tutorial for how to use Zoom.
- Monday, April 13: START THE READING PLAN!
- Make sure to connect with your group and with our c|Life Women on social media (Facebook and Instagram). You can let them know your “God Shot” (your praise about God), let them know you have done the reading and listened to the podcast, and maybe even share something that was encouraging for you.