July 4–15, 2019
- all meals (except for layover meals in airports and street food)
- all hotels/lodging
- all flights and luggage fees
- in-country ground transportation
- cultural excursions and fees
Price does not include:
- extra legroom on flights (if available)
- any type of hotel or recreational amenities
- airport meals, street food and snacks
- vaccinations prior to travel (There are no required vaccinations to travel to Thailand. However, confirming you’re current on tetanus and hepatitis A and B is a good idea prior to international travel.)
- passport acquisition fee
About the trip:
Chiang Mai is a city in northern Thailand that is surrounded by mountains. Though the capital of Thailand is Bangkok, locals refer to Chiang Mai as the nation’s northern capital. A heavily populated city, Chiang Mai is rich in ancient culture, and has more than 300 Buddhist temples — more than any other city in Thailand. With that many temples, it’s no surprise to hear that 99% of Thailand’s population is Buddhist.
Our missionary objective in Thailand is to assist our partnering missionaries, Adam and Kristy Griffith. In Thailand, it’s common for tribal families to send their children (some as young as 8 and 9) to Chiang Mai to attend school. Unfortunately, most of these students live in youth hostels or group homes that feel more like orphanages. As a result, graduation rates are low, and these children often get caught up in drugs and/or sex trafficking.
Adam and Kristy serve youth homes in Chiang Mai and minister to the needs of both the students and their leaders. They believe God has placed them, along with their two boys, permanently in Thailand to further the gospel. You will be amazed by their sincerity, their love for the Thai people and their passion for making Jesus known. This is the Griffiths’ sixth year of ministry in Thailand.